Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Hot item for Christmas!!!

Christmas is almost here.  You don't have but a couple weeks of shopping left.  One item my 6 year old nephew wanted was a leggo table.  I had no idea what one was.  I talked to my mother about it and she was like it would help keep his brother that is 2 from eating all the legos.  I did some hunting.  And I have to brag.    I searched on amazon until I seen  This sold by FightBack For Autism.

I talked to the seller about the table.  I have found out that they support people with autism and the money goes to the organization.  Not only does the money from the tables go there.  They also work with disabled veterans.  They package the boxes they ship out every day.  What a great way to give back.  I'm so proud of the work they do there.  I just want to tell everybody.


It's also a great table and my nephew is having a great time with it.

My nephew Karson is 6. He has adhd. He is very smart and has a hard time paying attention. He had gotten one of those small lego sets that you buy at the store. It has the pictures in so he could figure it out. He's just now learning to read. He's in first grade. He has no problem putting these things together. He was so focused on it. It seemed to calm him down and he stayed so focused on it. He had it put together in just a few minutes. I had no idea what a lego table was. 

 There was a lot of bubble wrap on them and very secure in the box it came in. It was taped up tight. That was fun getting it out of the box. Karson helped me all the way to the end. I just had to remind him what we were doing.

This table comes with a top that has a smooth surface for cleaning. It was so easy to put together Karson helped. It has a double sided screw that goes into the leg and you just use some elbow work to get it in. Very easy. I was thinking that is all. I really thought there would be more to it. The table is very sturdy. Karson's 2 year old brother Konnor sat on it to try it out. We had fun putting the table together. Got some muscles.

The legs are very sturdy and not wobbly. We did an earthquake check just to make sure. I also loved the felt on the bottom of the legs. Konnor's mom was relived with it also she has wooden floors. They scratch so easily. It was a nice added bonus to the table.

Karson had a bucket of leggos, big legos to small. He even had some duplex. I put them all on the table to make sure they all fit. I took my fingers and did a test. They were all stable on the table. They did not budge. Karson is very thankful for his table. It helps contain the legos. His brother is still learning not to stick things in his mouth and ears. This will help control it some and he can play with them to.

The table is a great size. I fit at it and I'm the biggest. :) Karson fit it just well sitting or on his knees like I was doing. Or he could get a chair and sit next to it. Konnor can stand up to it. He could also sit in a chair with it. They both have wild imaginations and I see them spending a lot of time at the table. I have no doubt that it will last a long time and I see it growing with them.

We would also like to take a minute and thank you all for putting together a great table that is making two little boys very happy. It's going to help with their mind development and imagination.  Please check out the video Karson worked hard on it.  He thinks he's a movie star now.  Thank You.



1 comment: